At Hillcrest Shifnal School we work together to achieve the following:
- Ensure that Hillcrest Shifnal School is a safe, secure and stimulating environment that promotes learning and a sense of belonging for all of our students.
- Provide a positive, consistent and reflective approach to the management of children’s behaviour, taking into account individual need and starting point.
- Promote and encourage the continual development of all staff in understanding the needs of children with SEMH.
Develop positive and constructive partnerships with parents/carers and support them in the management of their children’s behaviour, and in return ask for their support.
- Understand that children’s behaviour can change (both positively and negatively due to a range of factors) and provide appropriate support and guidance when necessary, taking on board when appropriate guidance from our Clinical Team, parents/carers and professionals working with each student
At Hillcrest Shifnal School we share a key set of values that are agreed and promoted by the whole school and are reinforced through our teaching and learning.
These values are:
- Respect for ourselves and everyone around us
- Self-awareness and Resilience
- Honesty and fairness
- Consideration and Cooperation
- Reparation and moving on
- Equality of opportunity and Adaptability
Everyone in the school community has rights based on our aims and ethos and these have been further informed through the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. (UNCRC)
These rights are:
- To be safe
- To be heard
- To have beliefs
- To receive support
- To be treated with respect and dignity
- To learn/teach
Our School Rules
1. We remember that everybody has the right to feel safe in their bodies and their feelings.
2. We treat others kindly or we leave them alone.
3. We speak to one another politely.
4. We take care of property and the school building.
5. We are always in the right place at the right time.